WHAT IS INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE?
- A massage that is based on one of the oldest traditional system of medicine of the Indians, the Ayurveda (over 1000 years ago).
- It is widely practiced in India especially by the University professors who have daily head massage to improve concentration
- The techniques involve manipulating the soft tissues in the upper back, neck, shoulders, arm, scalp and face.
- It is a firm massage with gentle rhythmic moves which release any blocked energy to clear negativity, rebalances the energy and stimulating the bodies natural healing mechanism
- It concentrates to achieve a balance of mind, body and spirit to promote physical, emotional and spiritual health and well-being
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Amongst the benefits are:
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
- Boosts blood supply to the head and scalp thereby increasing supply of nutrients to these areas
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic flow to the head and neck thereby eliminating waste products from the body
Promotes hair growth
- Relieves mental and physical strain allowing improved concentration and better productivity
- Helps in relaxing, energising and vitalising the whole body.
<li">Frees knots of muscular tension, relaxing the connective tissues
WHO IS IT FOR?
Indian Head massage help people to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
Examples of such conditions include alopecia, asthma, sinusitis, frozen shoulder, jaw ache, bells palsy, migraine, headache, anxiety, depression, stress, tension, stroke, insomnia, tinnitus and eye strain.
Unfortunately, massage treatments are not possible if you have these conditions:
- Intoxication either by alcohol or illegal substances or from any medications that cause drowsiness
- Contagious or infectious diseases
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Recently being vaccinated